May 29, 2011

Handmade roses - Tutorial & Card

Hey friends, sharing a tutorial of roses which I had learned in my childhood. I had actually learned to make these roses with organdi cloth. I wanted to try them with paper. I have also showcased a card that I made using these roses. Hope you like the tutorial and the card.  :)
I am going to enter this card in Kavitha's blogoversary contest for Guest Challenge :).

Update: I won the Guest Challenge at Kavitha's blog. For details, click here.

 1. Cut squares of 3x3 cm. I have used 7 petals for the bigger rose and 3 for the smaller.

 2. Fold the squares into half.


3. Curl both ends of the petal with the quilling tool as shown below.

4. Make the bud by rolling the petal completely towards one side with the quilling tool. Glue at the end.

5. Assemble the flower by adding one petal at a time. 

6. Add upto 7 petals to make a bigger flower, and 3 for a small one. 






15 comments:

  1. very nice, and you make it look easy to do, thanks for sharing with us!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks indira for the tutorial, these are just gorgeous will give it a try soon.your card is simply beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  3. which paper do u use for roses?
    how much thick?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot Paula and Hussena. These words mean a lot to me.
    Neha, I have used thin handmade paper. Don't use very thick paper, else it'll be difficult to roll the petals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The roses look gorgeous, Indira! So nice of you to share the tutorial, I will definitely try to make few of these.
    The card also looks very beautiful, good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a nice tutorial. Becoming your new follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely flowers and the card look fab,thanks for playing along:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice and simple. thank you for sharing this tutorial. i want to try it. wish me luck..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks :)
    Ila, they are really easy. Just try n u'll get a hang of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice tutorial... i have made these with organdi too!! loved the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your win! :)
    And many tks for the tutorial! The roses look super!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful space dear...lovely tutorial..thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Indira,
    I just love your tutorial for your roses, it is so different from others that I have seen.
    I think I am your newest follower.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Teddie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Indira,

    I love your post! The roses you made are so cute and lovely :) The steps you shown are really simple...I'm going to try this soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They mean a lot to me :)

Cheers,
Indira

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...