September 24, 2013

Upcycled Liquor Box into Gift Box

It's been a long time I made an upcycled project, and something like this had been on my mind since a long time. So I got my hands on a liquor bottle cover.. and converted it into a pretty keepsake/gift box. You can view my other recycled projects here and my recycled project tutorials here.

I have used pattern paper from Papermania pack, MS Swirling Lace Punch, pearls, punched flowers, leaves, roses from Nupur's store and the big bloom is made by me out of handmade paper. The sentiment is stamped and embossed using zing embossing powder from Crafters Corner that I won as winner of a challenge.

I have lined the upper edge of the lid with brown paper to give it a finished look. It closes sits snugly on the lower lid and to keep it in place I have used velcro dots beneath the straps [see pic2].


I filled it with some {yes, some.... i have loads of it ;)} of my junk jewellery..... that necklace peeking out was a RAK from Ekta Maker.


A view from the rear side... 

The floral arrangement sitting pretty on my shabby chic box..

The big bloom is made out of a handmade paper carry bag of a hospital. I loved the texture of this paper bag and I tore it apart to make these pretty flowers :)

Side view of the box...

Behind the scene pics...

Recycled stuff used here is:
Liquor box for base
Net from old couier envelope
Flower made of paper bag handmade paper
Old broken jewellery piece as a charm, next to brad

Challenges entered
1. Lulupu #17 - Fancy me [Fav technique – Recycling and Shabby chic]
2. Itsy Bitsy – 4 P’s: Pearls, Pattern Paper, Posy, Pink
3. Crafters Corner #12 - 3 embellishments (Flower, Pearls, Brad), 2 Pattern papers, 1 sentiment
4. Color Conceptions #4 - Spread your wings with distress inks (Worn Lipstick for Big bloom, Forest Moss for Leaves, Tattered Rose for Flourish die cut, Wild honey for Daisy centers, Vintage photo and Worn Lipstick for distressing PP edges)
5. DCAM #2 - Shabby is Chic!

21 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. loved ur handmade bloom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is FABULOUS Indira ! Awesome recycling ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG..........this is simply amazing work....i can't tell you how inspired i am seeing your work!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indira...hats off to your creative view... wonderful upcycling!! ThanQ so much for playing along with us DCAM CHALLENGE #2 SHABBY IS CHIC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic creation Indira. Love love love your upcycling idea and the beautiful way you have executed it. The pink bloom is such a show stopper ..You have used all the embellies and the paper's in such a fabulous way !!
    Thank you so much for playing along Crafter's Corner # 12

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantabulous...ThanQ so much for playing along with us DCAM CHALLENGE #2 SHABBY IS CHIC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Pretty! Love the blooms! Thank you for playing along at DCAM CHALLENGE #2 SHABBY IS CHIC! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow....Fantastically beautiful n brilliant up cycling......i loved ur handmade bloom so much.....!! gorgeous one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Indira, Your recycling is absolutely stunning! That big gorgeous bloom has me drooling! :D Love all the beautiful embellishments. That doily looks fab too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is jus fabulous.... love the way u recycled the liquor box and the big flower is jus gorgeous...

    Thanks for joining us at Lulupu Challenge #17

    Love,
    Varshitha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Box, Thats a marvellous bloom , the colours look so soothing and soft ...Thanks for entering the DCAM Challenge No 2 # Shabby is Chic , Best of Luck

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great project!!! Love to recylce too!
    I'm in love of it!

    Thanks for joining us at Lulupu The Craft Lounge
    Ruthie ~DT
    http://myhobbyandart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG Indira dii hats off to your creativity loved it totally
    Thanks for joining us at DCAM Challenge #2 SHABBY IS CHIC
    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty!! Love it!
    Ayushi :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that flower is just mesmerising! Love the papers too! And I gotta say, the perfect circle of pearls is just fantastic! Don't know how you did that! Thanks so much for playing along ItsyBitsy's Pretty P Challenge. All the very best!
    ItsyBitsy - The Blog Place

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Indira....this is such a fantastic project.....love the way you embellish all your projects. Very inspiring.....makes me wanna try this out soon....thanks for visiting my blog and followin me.....means a lot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Outstanding work Indira! You are so creative. :) I loved the way you have used your embellishments. Makes a great 'mothers' day' gift. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They mean a lot to me :)

Cheers,
Indira

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...