October 17, 2014

Decoupage Mdf Jewellery Box

Hey there! Finally I tried my hand at another big decoupage project. I bought this six compartment mdf box from Craftslane. I wanted to make a jewellery box for myself so I wasn't afraid to experiment with this one. The pink according to me is a bit darker than I wanted it to be. But I guess it doesn't look that bad!! :)
 

 
 
I coated the box with white wood primer, and then painted with pink acrylic paint. Then I pasted the decoupage hydrangea tissue paper design all over the box. I then applied a generous coat of mod modge over it. To embellish it, I dug out these pretty flowers from Itsy Bitsy that I had been hoarding since a long time. The butterfly chipboard embellishment is also from Itsy Bitsy.
 
I created a cluster at the left top corner with a metal fairy charm and loads of pearls.
  
I also liberally stuck two lines of pearl and rhinestone border on all sides of the box.
 
And here it is, filled with all my junk jewellery :) It is also apt for gifting on festivals. You can fill it up with dry fruits or other gifts.
 
Challenges Entered

2 comments:

  1. awesome! you are always too good with colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very preetttyyy box..love the shabby look..thank you for joining us at imaginations..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They mean a lot to me :)

Cheers,
Indira

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...