December 13, 2016

Peacock Stamp Card

Hi friends. I am sharing a card that I made as a Guest designer for Mudra Craft Stamps in December this year. This card has been made using the Peacock stamp set.



Here's a detailed step-by-step process of how I made this card:

1. I took a white CS and started by stamping the peacock image with Versafine Onyx Black ink and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder to get a raised effect.

2. I did the same for the peacock’s body and fussy cut it so that I could pop it up with foam tape later on.

3. At the same time I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment too.

4. Then I distressed the background using Distress inks.

5. Once that was done, I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens to highlight the peacock feathers and the body.

6. I also added dots and highlights using a golden gel pen.

7. I divided this CS piece into squares and cut it down using Xacto knife and a ruler.

8. I made sure to number the pieces at the back side so that I could line them up easily after flipping them over.

9. I took a black CS slightly bigger than the white CS in step 1, and popped up the square pieces of CS on it using foam dots.

10. The whole piece came together as a jigsaw puzzle and gave a tiled appearance to the card.

11. The last step was to adhere this piece on a green card base and glue the sentiment on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments! They mean a lot to me :)

Cheers,
Indira

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...